The Stinking Fish of Southampton Festival leaflet is launched!
Thanks to a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund, the Fan Club have been working with lots of local heritage societies to mark the 200 anniversary of the death of Jane Austen and to celebrate Southampton’s heyday as a spa town.
There’ll be guided walks, talks, dancing, workshops, concerts, church services, book launches, picnics and not forgetting our own street theatre performances as well.
With events happening in Southampton & Netley (and most of them FREE) then there is plenty happening as we build up to our Festival weekend on the 31st September and 1st October and before our last event as we perform our Halloween Ghost Walk around the spooky setting of the ruins of Netley Abbey
The Fan Club must acknowledge the support of the following local organisations who have made the Stinking Fish of Southampton Festival possible
• Chawton House Library
• The City of Southampton Society
• The Diaper Heritage Association
• The Duke of Wellington Dancers
• The Friends of St Michael’s Church
• The Friends of Southampton Old Cemetery
• The Hamble Valley Heritage Guides
• The Madding Crowd
• The Southampton Tourist Guides Association
• The University of the Third Age Local History Group
Click on the picture of the leaflet to find out all the events that are happening between June & October